Basilian Way of Sila Piccola
From Rocca Imperiale to Reggio Calabria, a way made by 73 stops developed in more than 1000 km of paths, rebuilt by following traces of ancient italo-greek monks inspired from Saint Basil’s life but also from very important pieces of roman, Greek and also Norman history. It’s the Basilian way: an adventure rich of art, history and religion developed on the mountains of Pollino, Sila and Aspromonte, the right way to know the real essence of Calabria.
stop 27 – San Giovanni in Fiore/Caccuri – distance 25 km
From the majesty of the abbey Florense, passing through derelikt hamlets of Fantino and Carrello and the unforgettable Badìa di Santa Maria del Soccorso, we’ll arrive to the byzantine castle of Caccuri, one of the most beautiful hamlets in Italy. Our departure is from San Giovanni in Fiore, passing through the Cona’s bridge, used in 18th century was the access door for who was coming to the Marquesate. We’ll visit the ancient and derelikt hamlets of Fantino and Carrello then the Badìa of Santa Maria del Soccorso which is compound by the ex dominican convent, the church of Santa Maria del Soccorso and the Chapel of Congregazione del Santissimo Rosario.
The tour includes:
- Transfers by private car/minivan with driver from the place of arrival to the first stop and return;
- Overnight stays with breakfast;
- Telephone assistance throughout the booking of the tour;
- Medical/luggage insurance;
- Basilian walker’s passport;
- Certificate of the walker from the 7th stage;
- Guide of the basilian path where strictly necessary.
- Daily luggage transport (1 package of 15 kg) where required;
- Guides of the path for the entire duration.
For needs related to the particular historical moment, the organization reserves the right to modify the travel program, but ensuring the same quality of services